NOTICE is hereby given that there are two (2) vacant trusteeship positions (Members Elected Trustees) in KenGen Defined Contribution (DC) Scheme 2012 which arose after the expiry of the first three-year term for Joan Chahenza and Muli Maluki.
The law requires a Defined Contribution Scheme (DC Scheme) to have equal representation for both the Sponsor and Members in its Board of Trustees. The above vacancies leave the Board with only two members’ representatives; Ernest Nadome (General Secretary) and Peter Mutemi (Treasurer) who both represent Kenya Electrical Trade and Allied Workers Union (KETAWU).
This necessities a calling for election from members of the DC Scheme. In order to ensure equal representation in the Board of Trustees and to comply with Good Governance Guidelines as gazetted by RBA in 2018 which make it mandatory for the Board of Trustees to have a member who is conversant with financial and accounting matters, the two (2) vacant posts have been segregated into two categories as follows:
- One (1) post for candidates with Financial skills i.e., a candidate who has a bachelor’s degree in finance field and professional qualification in finance
- One (1) post for candidates with non-financial skills.
Interested members of KenGen Defined Contribution Scheme who would wish to join the Board of Trustees are requested to download and complete nomination form together with a fit and proper form below and submit the same to CEO & Trust Secretary by 31st March, 2021.
- Trustee Nomination Form
- Fit and Proper Test Form - Financial
- Fit and Proper Test Form - Non Financial
In addition, the following documents shall be submitted via email to the CEO & Trust Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31st March, 2021 5.00 PM.
- Valid Tax Compliance Certificate
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Current Clearance with EACC
- Copy of National Identity Card
- Passport Photograph
Members will be notified of the nominated candidates, the election guidelines, and the election date via email.
Kindly contact 0711 036 932/0711 036 917 for any clarification(s).